There are currently 71 bronze plaques
The Inner Harbour causeway upon completion in 1903
mounted on the shore side of the stone wall known as The Causeway
across from the Empress Hotel. Each of these plaques commemorates a person, a vessel, or an event that looms large in the history of Victoria’s harbour and, in many cases, in the history of the city as well.
The documenting of the stories behind each of the plaques is the current ongoing project of the Victoria Harbour History Society.