Brackmann & Kerr
Brackmann & Kerr flour mill. Victoria Illustrated, 1891. Courtesy of the Barr family.
were millers of wheat and oat flakes located at the end of Huron Street on the north side of Shoal Point. Today HMCS Malahat occupies the area. Eddie Hubbard negotiated with B&K for the use of their a sandy pocket beach east of their mill where he built a simple floating wooden wharf to moor his Boeing B1. This location served Victoria harbour’s aviation
until the early 1950’s.