Cameron Genoa Mills Shipbuilders, Victoria BC
Cameron Genoa Mills Shipbuilders, Ltd., was formed by Cameron Lumber Co. and Genoa Bay Lumber Co., with a facility just to the south of the Foundation Company’s yard on what is now Harbour Road.
Foundation Company, Victoria BC
The Foundation Company’s West Coast shipyard was located at Point Hope, on the western shore of Victoria’s upper harbour, on a site that had been a shipyard, off and on, since 1873. Originally known as Colling and Cook’s Ways, it became Clark and Turpel’s Shipyard in 1888 and had several names thereafter. It was leased to the Foundation Company in 1917 and produced the 25 wooden cargo ships listed below. In 1928, the yard was sold to Captain W. E. Gardner and in 1938 it was taken over by Island Tug & Barge and Victoria Tug, which re-named it Point Hope Shipyards. It is now a repair yard called Point Hope Marine.