The Victoria Chemical Company
Ship Loading at Victoria Chemical Company wharf, Outer Harbour, ca. 1910 Ship loading at Victoria Chemical wharf at Outer Harbour, ca. 1910.
City of Victoria Archives image M09009. .jpg
was incorporated on November 29, 1893. It was originally located at 7 Dallas Road on Victoria’s Outer Harbour. It manufactured acids, fertilizers and tree sprays. In 1912, the company, after amalgamating with other companies, was reorganized as the Canadian Explosives Company. About 1912, it moved its operations to James Island.