CP Princess Alberni
was a United States Army deep sea tug built by the Marinolich Steamship Company. In 1953 she was brought to BC coast by CPR for service with British Columbia Steam Ship Company on the west coast of Vancouver Island to replace the Princess Maquinna
. The CPR found she was not well suited for the west coast of Vancouver Island run. She was returned after one year, under tow which caused a cancellation of a Christmas trip. Great West Towing operated her on the west coast. She was sold out of service and transferred to the Caribbean.