Hubbard’s wharf at Brackman & Kerr Photo courtesy of BC Archives F-08943
rackmann & Kerr (B&K) were millers of wheat and oat flakes located at the end of Huron Street on the north side of Shoal Point. Today HMCS Malahat occupies the area. Eddie Hubbard negotiated with B&K for the use of their a sandy pocket beach east of their mill. He built a simple floating wooden wharf at that location to moor his Boeing B1. The location served Victoria harbour’s aviation until 1930.
Wings Across the Water